I've also included a quick-fire recipe for a great homemade potato salad that hardly takes any effort at all, makes a great side for this dish and is always annihilated any time I make it.
- 5 eggs & milk for beating (you can omit the milk)
- 2 large handfuls of Spinach
- Peppers for roasting
- 1/4 pack of low fat goats cheese
- 36g 1/2 fat chedder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Roast chopped peppers, sprayed with Frylight and seasoned with salt & pepper. Do this in the dish you'll be making your crustless quiche in!
- Wilt spinach in a frying pan
- Beat together eggs and milk if you're using it, don't forget to season
- Take peppers out of the oven after about 10 minutes and add the egg mix to the same roasting pan
- Add remaining spinach and crumble in the Goats Cheese
- Grate 1/2 fat chedder onto the top and add some parsley (for fancy reasons)
- Bake at 180 for 20 - 25 minutes
Serve hot or cold with homemade potato salad
For the potato salad, this part is as simple as quartering some new potatoes and quick boiling them. Drain and leave to dry completely before mixing some light mayonnaise with fat free creme fraiche, use salt, pepper and a touch of lemon to season and add flavour and stir in some spring onion. This can be stored for a day or two in the fridge, though ours never EVER lasts that long...